Sunday, December 2, 2012

We are grateful!

In the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, I am feeling grateful for a warm, dry, comfortable home to live in! The pictures coming out of NY and NJ are just heart wrenching of families who have lost everything. I am grateful to be a stay-at-home mom and to be able to spend my time planning meals, cooking, cleaning and dabbling in a little home decorating and home organization. This is where I am happiest and I am so grateful my circumstances allow me to be here with my kids 24/7. They are my joy! What a blessing to have four children who are happy and healthy and trying to do what is right.

I am grateful for my husband who brings laughter and stability into my days and reminds me not to take life so seriously-- a reminder that I seriously need! He honors his Priesthood and is a loving father and husband. I really feel guilty that he doesn't have any hobbies. He spends so much time at work and with church service that whatever is left-over, he chooses to spend with me and the kids. He has been my sweet heart and confidant for more than half of my life and I can't imagine living without him by my side.

Our extended family offers us love and support unconditionally. We know we are the black sheep, living so far from home, but they continue to love us anyway. Gregg and Mona came in November to watch the kids for 6 days, while Dan and I were away. How grateful we are that they are so generous with their time and resources to come and help us! The blessing of our parents' righteous examples continue to bless our family.

Living so far away from our family, we find ourselves relying on the kindness and service of friends. We have dear neighbors and families from church who are helping to raise our children. They share our faith and values and we hope we help them as much as they help us. These friends share carpool duties, host play dates, offer to babysit, teach cub scouts or girl scouts, coach sports teams, teach Sunday school and Young Women's, gather mail and water plants, rake leaves and shovel snow. They enrich our lives and we are grateful for each one of them.

Lastly, I am grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that He lives. I know that He died for each of us and that only through His Atonement can all that is unfair on this earth be corrected. He is the Light and Life of the world and I hope that I can daily strive to increase my faith and live more like Him.

Blessings to each of you!

                 Happy Thanksgiving from the Kotters and our dear friends, the Van Horns!

Dan, Mikelle, Ethan, Syd, Logan, Alex, Ginni and HF

                                                     Love that turkey shirt, Alex!
                                             The kids are having fun making candy turkeys.
                                               E gets up close and personal with his turkey.
                                       Who am I kidding? They are just eating the candy!
Mikelle shows off her finished turkey: Oreo body and fan, Mike and Ike feathers, Whopper head and red skittle "glottle"--(what's that thing called? We debated it, but I can't remember the final answer.)

1 comment:

  1. Stace...beautifully said. What a beautiful family you have. Loved your card!

    ReplyDelete