So lame that it's been six months since I made a blog post! I was really considering giving it all up when I saw my friend Jamie's confession in her Christmas card that she has missed the past three months in her blog--and this girl is DEDICATED. So here's to second chances and to wrapping up the year in a nice red bow…or at least a brief blog post.
- We spent a week at the Outer Banks with the Frosts.
- Stacie and the kids travelled to UT and enjoyed time with grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.
- Sydney was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by her father in Brigham City, UT
- Logan started practice for his first season of tackle football
- Mikelle attended a performing arts camp and turned in a great performance in their original play, New York
- Stacie started her duties as Hillside PTO president with a bang….Kindergarten orientation, back-to-school night and a back-to-school picnic and Open House---all within three days!
- Dan turned 40 and worked until 2 am on his birthday:( We kindly saved him a piece of his German Chocolate cake.
- A year of firsts for three of the kids 1-Mikelle's first year of High School at Briar Woods 2-Logan's first year of Middle School at Eagle Ridge 3-Ethan's first year of Elementary School at Hillside afternoon kindergarten
- Sydney started 3rd grade in Mrs. Bartell's class at Hillside Elementary
- The Saturday sports schedule was a bit CRAZY….Ethan's flag football, Logan's tackle football and Syd's Volleyball
- Thursday was the only day crazier than Saturday. I would often get in the car at 4:40 pm and spend the next 5 hours running kids to practices, classes, tutoring sessions etc. Cooking dinner was useless since we weren't even home to eat it!
- Logan turned twelve and was ordained a deacon in the Aaronic Priesthood. Grandma and Grandpa Kotter and Grandma and Grandpa T. all came to share this special occasion with us.
- After 10 years of driving the Grand Caravan, Stacie trades up for the Infinity QX80. I love, love, love my new ride!
- Dan and Stacie spend a week in Palm Springs, CA for EY's SGF Convention and Entrepenuer of the Year Gala.
- Mikelle performs in the Loudoun County All-District Chorus for Freshman and Sophomores
- We all flew to Hawaii to visit our dear friends the Candlands for Thanksgivng. We spent 3 days on the Big Island and 4 days on Oahu.
- Mikelle performed with the freshman women's choir in the BW Winter Concert combined with the band and orchestra. She also made the honor roll for her first semester at Briar Woods.
- Logan performed with the sixth grade chorus in their holiday concert. He was honored for all-A's for the first semester.
- Mikelle, Logan and Sydney played in their Christmas piano recitals
- Stacie sang in the annual Christmas concert with the tri-ward choir from the Brambleton, Ashburn and Belmont Ridge Wards
- We hosted our annual neighborhood Open House and hosted our ward's four missionaries for Christmas Eve, plus our good friends the Van Horns
- Dan and Stacie celebrated their 17th wedding anniversary!
- What a wonderful Christmas season! We are so grateful for our good health, our loving families, our kind friends and our Savior's life and example. We know He lives and loves each of us.