Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love Is In the Air

We started our Valentine's Day celebration early. Dan and I went out with Marcy and Zane Kerby last night to see a Washington Capitals game. Zane had the lounge level seats, so we could help ourselves to an all-you-could-eat buffet and sit in comfy chairs and watch the game. It was fun, but freezing! I wore my coat and mittens the whole time! The Caps, unfortunately, didn't have a stellar night and lost 3-5.

This morning Dan gave me a nice card and a plethora of candy. Since going gluten free, my desserts mainly consist of candy, so he was very thoughtful to restock my supply of peanut butter and peanut M&M's.

I decorated the kids bed with tons of colored hearts and some of their favorite candies. I left a note that said, "This heart-attack is brought to you by Mom! b/cuz i luv u". Dan received colored hearts and a balloon on his bed--with some candy too. His main gift is a labor of love I undertake each year. He loves sugar cookies! So I spent the day making my mom's sugar cookie recipe. I even made the frosting from scratch. Dan is very picky and likes the cookie and the frosting in the same ratio. Thick cookie and thick frosting is apparently the winning combo.

Ethan's preschool class had a little cookie decorating party. Or more accurately, they were supposed to decorate cookies, but most enjoyed eating the frosting with a spoon and the sprinkles with their fingers. The cookie was optional for most of the class. Miss Patty said that next time we should just leave out the cookies and give them a bowl of frosting and let them pour sprinkles on top! I remember being little and just loving the frosting too. Alas, the good ol' days!






By far, my favorite Valentine this year was the one that Sydney made for Dan in Daisy's last week. It is a cute wire heart with yarn of different colors stretched across the frame. The note says, "To 'bad' (as opposed to DAD)  I Love You". Isn't that the sweetest thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment