Monday, February 20, 2012

Farewell to Downton Abbey

I watched the finale of Downton Abbey last night with mixed feelings. Of course, I was ecstatic to see Sir Richard get the boot and giddy with joy that Matthew and Mary finally admitted they belonged together. But oh, I was so sad that there weren't going to be any more episodes! What will I look forward to on Sunday evenings from now on?

Oh happy day! After just 2 seconds on google, I see that they are already working on Season 3! So the better question seems to be will there be a season 4?

“Sufficient unto the day,” Downton Abbey creator Fellowes tells the Times, quoting biblically. “I feel that one can’t really think much beyond that. Although I agree, I do not think it should just go on and on forever.”
Many of us Masterpiece Classics fans would strongly disagree. Surely the story line could go on to include Princess Di and then Kate Middleton. We already know that Helen Mirren (that’s “Dame Helen Mirren” to those of us whose ancestry was definitely “below stairs”) could play a terrific Elizabeth II.
-courtesy Brad Knickerbocker of The Christian Science Monitor

Well said, Mr. Knickerbocker! You can add my name to the petition of those who would be happy to see Downton Abbey go on indefinitely!

Alas, back to my mourning that Season 2 has come to an end. My face is somber and my throat catches as I bid Farewell to Daisy the kitchen maid....
Farewell to Matthew with the dreamy blue eyes and that fabulous blonde hair...
Farewell to the evil and cranky Sir Richard...
Farewell to that slippery Thomas-maybe you can get locked in a shed before the filming of Season 3...
Farewell to poor Edith-may you find true love soon
Farewell to Mary-you certainly don't deserve Matthew but are lucky to find love that is blind to past faults
Farewell to sweet Anna-you can come and be my house maid anytime! (Just in case things don't work out at Downton Abbey.)

No comments:

Post a Comment