Monday, October 15, 2012

"Time for scrip-scrips"

Last Saturday I was in my usual Saturday morning sleep-in haze when all of a sudden I sensed a person about 2 inches from my face. I cracked one eye and sure enough... there was E-- bigger than life. "Mom! It's time for scrip-scrips!"

This is what he calls the scriptures and he was telling me it was time to get up and read the scriptures! As we watched General Conference over the next two days, I kept going back to his little face and his excitement for our morning scripture study. Even though he's too young to read or understand many of the words, he isn't too young to recognize this pattern of reading the scriptures each morning.

As we listened to President Monson announce the younger ages for missionary service, I was struck with the thought that I need to start now to prepare my kids to serve a mission. I can't wait for seminary or for their "Preach the Gospel" class at BYU. We need to prepare them now!

We figured out that Mikelle and Logan could potentially serve at the same time. If Mikelle left at age 19, in July 2018; and Logan left at age 18, in June 2019 they could potentially have a few months of overlap. What a blessing this would be for our family and for each of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment