Wednesday, March 14, 2012

March Madness

Dan and I enjoyed the kick-off to the March Madness tournament last night as we watched our BYU Cougars come from behind to beat Iona. The first half was all Iona. At one point they lead by 25 points. BYU had turn-over after turn-over and the Gaels couldn't miss a shot. Half-time was about 10:30 PM and the score was 55-40. Dan was ready to head to bed. I coaxed him into staying up and watching it to the end. "What if they come back?" I asked. "Unlikely, " he said.

Well, as unlikely as it was, that's just what the Cougars did! They really slowed the pace of the game with their zone defense; they got the ball into Hartsock in the middle; and they quit making so many turn-overs. Little by little they ate away at Iona's lead and won by 6 points! 78-72. Wow! Even though I'm suffering a sleep deprivation hang-over today, I'm glad I saw the Coug's amazing comeback!

1 comment:

  1. We were in the lobby of our hotel in Cusco following on our laptops and iPads. We were hollering by the end. Too bad they biffed it in the next round. :(

    ReplyDelete