Thursday, March 29, 2012

Hunger Games Premier

I know, I know! This happened last week, but it was such a fun, middle-of-the-day outing! I felt like such a rebel. Lezlie, Esther and I (book club buddies) met at the Brambleton Theatres at 11:10 am last Friday to see the long-awaited "Hunger Games". It was so fun to sneak away to a movie in the middle of the day! Gonna' have to say that the movie may not have lived up to all of its hype. I liked it...but I don't think I'll be buying the DVD. The book is so much more detailed and gives you more insight into the characters' backgrounds. The movie didn't give you a lot of time to become emotionally attached to anyone. I did enjoy the make-up and costumes for the people from the capital. Favorite character based on the movie: Caesar Flickerman, the host of the Hunger Games.  So much satire for our reality TV-saturated culture all rolled up into one little character--and the blue hair--Fabulous!

1 comment:

  1. I took my niece opening night. I loved it but of course I was comparing it to the Twilight movies which I detest. I agree, Stanley Tucci was AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete