Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Tea with E

Wednesday morning Ethan's preschool class hosted a Mother's Day Tea for all of the mommies. It was so nice to spend some time with just Ethan. He is at the cutest age. I wish I could just bottle him up! The kids started off singing us some songs: "Yes, Jesus Loves Me", "I'm a Little Teapot" and "Skidamirinkadink". They were all enthusiastic with the actions to the songs and sometimes enthusiastic singers.

The classroom tables were set for the tea party and Ethan and I sat at a table with Madison and her mom, Angela. Madison is one of only 3 girls in the class--the other 7 are boys--but she and Ethan love playing together and have a cute little friendship. Miss Kay and Miss Pattie served us strawberries, grapes, brownies, chocolate chip cookies and mini cinnamon rolls. Ethan was loving all of the sugar! 

For the grand finale each child came to the front and held up a picture they had drawn of their mommy. The teachers also read a little paragraph about how each child described their mom. This is what Ethan had to say:                                           

                                                             MY MOMMY
                                                           by Ethan Kottter
                                                   
                                                          Her name is Stacie.
                                                   I don't know how old she is.
                                              She is like this big (holds his hands out wide).
                                            Her eyes are green and she has light hair.
                                   Spaghetti is her favorite food--that's my favorite too!
                                                     Pink is her favorite color.
                                             My mommy likes to take me to the park.
                                     My mommy always says: "Time to eat breakfast!"
                                            I like to build puzzles with my mommy.
                                                     I love my mommy!



No comments:

Post a Comment