Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Mystery of the Paw Print Boxes

We did have a big of intrigue surrounding Syd's birthday. It all started when 6 large boxes with a puppy paw print arrived on the doorstep.

The kids piled them in the den and wondered and imagined what was in the boxes and who could have sent them. Ethan was convinced a real dog was inside. Syd was convinced the good "birthday" fairy had mailed her lots of wonderful toys and Mikelle and Logan were just dying to open those boxes.

Being the calm, patient soul that I am, I explained that they were obviously for Syd's birthday and it wasn't fair to open them early and so we all just needed to wait for her big day. I thought that Mona or Uncle Tom must have sent them.

Fast forward 2 days to her birthday. The anticipation has been building and she can hardly stand it a moment longer! She opens the first box.......and.........a decorative pillow falls out!

Oh no! I say. I am so sorry, Syd! Those are the pillows I ordered for the new outdoor rocking chairs. I am so sorry!

Poor Syd! She was so disappointed and I still can't figure out why my pillows came packaged that way. Just a crazy coincidence!


No comments:

Post a Comment